Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Lorac Unzipped Palette



My sister decided to place an order at Lorac and asked if I wanted anything. I took a look and chose the Unzipped eyeshadow palette. I don't wear eyeshadow often but looking at this one got me thinking that maybe I should. One look at those rose gold and bronzy shimmers and I was in love. The palette features 10 eyeshadows, 6 shimmer and 4 mattes and a mini eyeshadow primer. I chose this palette because I love nude shadows. They are the easiest to wear and you can wear them for any occasion.

The Packaging: The packaging is the first thing you see when you get a product. I know you are never supposed to judge a book by it's cover but I am a sucker for luxurious packaging. The Lorac Upzipped palette isn't quite the looker when it comes to it's packaging. It's not horrible but it's not much to swoon over. The palette is packaged in a really light weight material. It's like a durable cardboard feeling. It has a magnetized closure and a nice sized mirror on the inside. On the outside, there's the word "Lorac" in the center and a zipper design in gold on the right side. The names of the colors are written in gold under each color and "Lorac Upzipped" is written above the mirror on the opposite side. I do like the cream and gold color scheme and the fact that it's so light weight.

The Product: The texture of these shadows are so smooth. Even though they look glittery, they are so finely milled that they apply really smooth to the skin. The shimmers are my favorites but that's mostly because I'm attracted to any shade that is a fine, flawless shimmer. The matte shades are really nice also. They aren't chalky like a lot of other matte shades that I've swatched in the past. All of the shades are finely milled and go on so smoothly. They aren't as thick as intense as my Nars eyeshadows but they are as smooth. With the Nars shadows, all it takes is one swipe if you're trying to get a nice, intense (but not crazy) look. With these, they are more subtle, but you would have to build them up if you plan on wearing them on a night out.

Overall, I really like this eyeshadow palette. It has all of the "me" colors in it. I like that there are dark browns, a mauve-y color and also my all time favorites - bronzes and golds. I love how smooth they are and I like that they are not that intense so they are safe for daily wear. This palette is a great option if you are looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette.
I'm so happy my sister got me this. Thanks sis!

 More close ups and swatches below.







Shades from L to R: Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled
Shades from L to R: Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken, Untamed

No comments:

Post a Comment