Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Collective Haul: Nars. Chanel. YSL. Etc..



Hey everyone,

I just wanted to show some of my recent beauty purchases & gifts. These are the things that I'll be playing around with. Hopefully, I'll find some holy grail status items in my new stash. 

I ordered the Chanel Les Beiges Sheer Color Face Powder in No. 40. It's the same color as my skin tone. It's not supposed to cover anything but is supposed to give the skin a nice glow. I think I'll use this on days when I can't be bothered to put on a full face of makeup. You can also use a shade darker than your skin tone as a contour. I'm thinking about picking up No. 60 closer to summer. 

I also picked up a Nars Single Eyeshadow in Mekong. It is a deep cocoa brown with fine shimmer layered through it. I LOVE this color. I've only swatches it, sense I never go out to wear such a dark smokey color. But you can be sure that when I do have an evening out, this will be the first thing I whip out. 


A friend gifted me this YSL Love and Laquer Reds Set for Christmas, after seeing it on my Sephora wishlist. Thanks Liz! 

It comes with a YSL nail laquer in No. 1 Pop Art. I've always wanted to try one of they're nail laquers, so this bright red was the perfect one to start with. I love the formula, the color and the brush. Go try them! 
It also comes with the YSL Babydoll Mascara in Fetish Black. I hear a lot of people rave over their mascaras so I am excited to try this one. Right after I use up the 5 before it. 
Lastly, it comes with the glossy stains in No. 9 Rouge Laque - a beautiful shiny bright red. I usually go for bright matte reds but I felt like I needed something bolder and more grown up. I can see me wearing this one on a dinner date, maybe with a winged eye and sleek hair? We'll see ;)

My sister got me the Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Parfum Spray for Christmas after seeing me rave about it on Twitter. I was so surprised! I love this Parfum. I think I might do a separate post about Nirvana White & Nirvana Black since I have both now. 

This post was originally scheduled to go up a long time ago. I've had some time to play around with everything so if you'd like a review on anything, just let me know! Enjoy the pictures below.











No comments:

Post a Comment