Thursday, March 13, 2014

Brand Love: Nars (Eyes)



The only eye products I own from Nars are their eyeshadows if I weren't a product junkie I'd say they were the only products I needed to try. Their eyeshadows are SO GOOD (caps necessary). They are pigmented on first swatch, and they feel like velvet when you apply them. I didn't realize how much I loved their eyeshadows until I tried some from other brands. No eyeshadows in my collection compare to these. They last all day and they look beautiful on the eye. I can't say enough good things about them. 

I'm not the type of person to wear eyeshadow everyday. So when I do, I want something pigmented, instead of sheer. I'm not a pro at eye makeup, so I don't want to have to layer or build up my shadows. That is why I love Nars' eyeshadows. They are no fuss.

I own one single shadow and two six-eyeshadow palettes.


I have the single shadow in the shade Mekong ($25). It is a deep cocoa color with the most subtle shimmer throughout. I never wear dark colors because I am afraid that I will give myself raccoon eyes. However, I had to have this one. I've never seen a color with so much depth. If you're experienced in the eye makeup department, you should definitely check this one out.



The first palette I own was my first foray into the Nars eye products. It is the And God Created The Woman palette ($59). This palette was limited edition to Sephora but I think it's still available. This palette comes with the Nars #3 eyeshadow brush (big and fluffy; I love it!), their Pro-Prime Smudge Proof eyeshadow base (eyeshadow lasts all day) and 6 eyeshadows. (Top Row: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari; Bottom Row: Galapagos, Coconut Grove, Night Clubbing) I love this palette because it is perfect for day or night. It's small enough to throw in your purse and it has the perfect sized mirror. The colors in this palette is so right; no crazy colors. Their all pigments and wearable. I would recommend this to everyone from beginners to those who know a thing or two. Just look at it. It's beautiful!





The more recently acquired palette is the Ride Up To The Moon palette ($45). When I saw the press pictures online of this palette I fell in love instantly. I am obsessed with bronzy eyeshadows and being acquainted with Nars shadows, I knew I couldn't miss this one. (Top Row: Argentina, Isolde, Night Porter; Bottom Row: Biarritz, Fez, Cordura)

 Isolde is my favorite color in this palette and maybe in my entire eyeshadow collection. It's a coppery color that is just too good. I also like the shade Night Porter, which is a dark green. I haven't worn it yet, since I tend to stick to my neutrals. It's the same size as the first palette so it also is often tossed in my bag. 



Overall, when it comes to eyeshadows, Nars knows what they are doing. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors or formulas. Nars has just come out with their 15 shadow NARSissist palette ($79) if you're interested in investing in some of their shadows.

Next on my Nars wishlist, their Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($24). I've heard nothing but great things about it. 

What are some of your favorites from the line? I'd love to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment