Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Wealth of Good Health

Source
Lately, my friends and I have been creating weekly healthy challenges for ourselves in efforts of living a healthy lifestyle (and of course, you know, looking good in a bikini). Each week, we've decided to set healthy goals that are achievable yet rewarding. One of this week's goals is to eat a salad or something green for at least one meal each day. We've also decided to commit to going to the gym (or non-gym exercising) at least 6 days a week. This is going to be something we strive for until it becomes apart of our routines and we won't have to even give it any thought.

I decided to participate in these goals for multiple reasons. Of course, the most rewarding reason is seeing killer results in the form of how my body will transform. When you are fit, you look better in clothing (and out of them). I mean, this is a fashion blog. You didn't really think I wouldn't take that into account, did you? Still, I want to do these challenges to feel better each day. I've read that if you exercise regularly, you are more happy and energetic. Sometimes, I struggle with being exhausted when I haven't done much all day. And if exercising came help improve my mood and energy then it definitely is something I want to make apart of my routine.

Now that it's Summer time and we all have more free time, we can all do this together.

Here are my personal goals for this summer:



1. Eat breakfast.
Eating breakfast is the perfect way to jumpstart your day and your metabolism. Also, if you eat a fiber rich breakfast, it will help you feel fuller, longer, causing you to snack less throughout the day.

2. Eat 5 times a day.
This includes 3 meals and 2 snacks between those meals. Eating every 2-3 hours has been shown to help speed up your metabolism, which helps burn and keep off fat.

3. Eat healthy foods and snacks.
I have a pinterest board full of healthy meals and snacks that I want to try. Since it's summer, I have a lot of time to experiment in the kitchen. If you want to see what I'll be trying, follow my healthy eating board here.

Eating clean or healthy is essential when you exercising. Not only those it aid in transforming the body, but it makes you feel better overall. Eating nutrient rich foods gives you more energy and it makes me feel better emotionally. If you'd had McDonald's for breakfast and then decide to workout, you will feel sick. You need foods packed with protein and nutrients to give you the energy and strength to perform your exercises.

Other healthy snacks I enjoy include: Kind Bars, Almonds, Macadamia nuts, and Auntie Angie's Boom Chicka Pop.

4. Drink water and green tea daily.
Green tea has been shown to help speed up metabolism and burn fat. Water is essential, especially in the summer, as a source of hydration and it also can help flush out toxins in your body.

5. Work out 6 times a week.
I want to do some form of exercise at least 6 times a week. This can include going to the gym, running, biking and blogilates.

For inspiration and motivation, you can follow my fitness tumblr, where I post and reblog pictures of quotes, fitspo, exercising and foods I want to try/incorporate in my diet.


If you're going on a healthy lifestyle journey, share what you're doing and some of your tips below. The more people that join in the conversation, the more we all will feel motivated to continue on the journey. Good luck with all of your goals. We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment