Sunday, March 30, 2014

My Spring Nail Picks



Spring is upon us and you know what that means.. we can now shed our cocoon of black and grey and hop into more brighter and lighter color palettes. I haven't gone spring shopping yet but I do have a stash of beauty and makeup products that I like to break out around this time of the year. Spring gives my mood the best boost. I love sunny, breezy days. They make me want to get out and do things as opposed to the dreary feeling winter gives. Here are some of my favorite nail colors that I like to wear to give me the Spring fling feeling.


From L to R: BBF Best Boyfriend, a cut above, Hard to Get, resort fling, Mint Candy Apple

Essie is one of my favorite nail polish brands. It's one of the easiest formulas to apply and they have so many great colors. BBF Best Boyfriend is a really sheer nude pink. I love to wear this for a "no polish" polished look. I like to wear a cut above over nudes and pinks when I'm feeling really girly. I purchased Hard to Get from 2 bucks at a professional beauty supply store and have been in love ever since. It's a pure pink that makes me happy every time I look down at my nails. Resort fling is my most recently acquired shade. It is a little sheerer than tart deco. I love the peachy sheer color. Lastly, we have my beloved Mint Candy Apple - a mint blue on my skin tone. This is my favorite color for spring when it comes to nails and clothing and accessories. It's the epitome of spring.

From L to R: Cameo Blue & The Valley

 American Apparel nail polishes are some of the creamiest and opaque polishes I've ever tried. You only need one coat to get the full opacity. Cameo Blue is a denim blue color and The Valley is a bright beachy blue. I love them both.
From L to R: Kerfuffle & Fruit Machine
Butter London is another brand that does amazing colors. I love these two from their collection last spring. Kerfuffle is a peachy color and Fruit Machine is a bright bubblegum pink. They both scream spring!

From L to R: Havana Dreams & Can't Find My Czechbook
Clearly, I'm really into blues. These two from O.P.I. are some of my favorites. Havana Dreams is a sheer baby blue. Can't Find My Czechbook is more opaque and a little brighter.

From L to R: cotton candy & luxe lavender
These last two were the biggest and most pleasant surprises. My grandmother gifted me a ton of nail polishes from Avon one Christmas. The formula of these polishes is amazing! The colors are opaque and I'm pretty sure they are affordable as with all things from Avon. If you haven't checked out their polishes, you should.

I think I am covered on the Spring nail color front. Now it's time to get my wardrobe in order. Happy Spring!

xo,
Co

No comments:

Post a Comment